Health Consultant Services
At Nurses With Heart Home Care, we understand the importance of health quality and safety standards, the inner workings of the health care system, as well as how to translate critical health information into plain language. These things can be confusing to deal with on your own, especially in times of illness or disability. By investing in a health consultant you gain a professional committed to your health-related goals. A health consultant will be your additional eyes and ears when it comes to your healthcare. They can offer you individualized support, listening and being respectful of your concerns, beliefs, and values.
Our health consultants strive to educate, empower, and ensure that you are confident in your healthcare choices. When it comes to your health, we recognize there is no “one size fits all”. We work with you to identify your specific goals and create a plan of care that best fits your unique situation.
The health consultant’s goal is to provide clients, their families, and caregivers with the support and education they need so they can make their own decisions about their care. The benefit to both clients and their support system is peace of mind, knowing a professional is handling the important details. This is especially critical in situations where you may not be able to speak for yourself.
Examples of services provided by a health consultant are:
- Referral to community resources such as transportation, meal support, & pet care services
- Coordinating medical care by scheduling appointments, ensuring pertinent questions are answered, and ensure follow-up occurs
- Planning and management of support during hospitalization, facility discharge, and transitioning back home
- Ensuring a safe and suitable living environment
- Facilitating health care wish discussions, end of life planning, and assistance with accessing the appropriate legal documents
- Monitoring that supports and services are meeting an individual's needs & finding further home supports when needed